Work stuff was less than ideal (not every week can be great though - life does ebb and flow)
Dating was good-ish?
Where did I leave off....
Cat Dad/Scientist. No word from him aka he got the hint. Thank you JESUS for saving me from that awkward convo. Zeroooooo chemistry, bye byeeeeeee.
Basebally - I just texted him saying I missed talking to him, he just replied - we'll see where that goes. I genuinely want to be friends with him, he's a great guy he's just not my guy. (Poor style, package check failed, no hobbies, no bueno)
Alright so we went out on Wednesday night for dinner. Starts off well but then turned into him talking incessantly for pretty much the entire meal. I actually lost my appetite because I was getting bored with how LONG these stories were.
Granted, I did ask the questions that led to the stories but I think that to keep the other side engaged, there needs to be a few rules.
1. Conversations are a game of ping pong - you don't play ping pong against yourself, the other person is very much supposed to be involved AKA limit your stories to under five minutes.
2. When you wrap a story, ask someone a question about themselves so you are also learning
3. Every detail isn't fucking important. Discern.
So he starts to realize I am drifting off and quickly pulls back and asks if he is bombing this date. I assure him he is fine and that we are good to move onto the next thing we planned which was corn hole on his rooftop.
We get to his house and he whips out his guitar. If any of you remember the guy in DC (Cyrus) you know that this is a super turn on. Cyrus had better songs to play than Texas does but regardless, it's really hot.
We then go to his roof to play corn hole which is short lived because it's hot outside and their corn hole boards are a bit of a joke. So we move inside to play pool which is actually pretty fun. There are lots of breaks for kissing and he's very cute so the vibe is right.
But then, every time I am telling him a story - he interrupts me.
BRUCE - DO YOU GIVE A FUCK ABOUT LEARNING ABOUT ME OR AT LEAST LETTING ME FINISH A SENTENCE?
So we get back down to his place, hook up, and I get ready to head back home.
He gets nervous as to whether or not I enjoyed our sexual rendezvous...so he actually straight up asks.
I brush it off and then walk out the door.
(I am keeping this story simple for the sake of not putting you all to sleep)
I get home and he fucking asks AGAIN if the sex was good and if his dick was big enough. I assure him "he's good" and that he MUST stop asking this question. I get we all have our insecurities but SHUSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH.
He's got a small frame and he's maybe 5'9/5'10. So I wasn't really expecting my mind to be blown by his package walking into this. Mind wasn't blown but like I said, it was fine. I didn't get off because it was quick and I am praying his oral skills exist because otherwise I'm unsure where we are gonna go sexually but more on that later...
So overall, Wednesday was a good date. I like spending time with him. We can proceed.
THEN we get to Audi.
Dude is finalllllly back in town and plans a really fun date for us. This one I am going to keep brief but here's the highlights.
1. I am running late and he's OCD so I knew he was gonna freak out a tad bit. My uber driver gets lost which doesn't help matters and before you know it, I am 48 mins behind. Oooooops...
2. We get to dinner and they have no space so we have to go elsewhere... he is visibly frustrated but is trying to keep it cool...
3. I can tell he's been drinking prior to this date - he's not drunk but he is definitely NOT sober...(not a good look fellas)
4. We have dinner and it's actually really great. We talk about dating stuff - if I think exclusivity comes from a convo or just because you've spent a lot of time together (I said convo for sure), I told him a little about some of my dating past, he shares a little about him, we are vibing. He is so fucking hot it's hard to even handle. He also orders all of the sushi perfectly, another turn on is a man with great culinary taste.
5. He's being a super gentleman. Opening every single uber door, restaurant door, etc, etc. He's holding my hand walking through crowds - just all of the right things and it's really nice. (Texas could use some work on the door thing - Scientist nailed it everytime and Basebally never open a door ever)
6. We wrap up the outing portion of the date and head back to his place for cocktails. His place is immaculate. The OCD pays off because it looks like a full fledge adult lives there (I'd been over before but it was brief as you all know) so I appreciate the OCD in this moment. We start watching his friends comedy special on Netflix and it's hilarious. This leads to him kissing me which leads to highly enjoyable sex on the floor. The best part about Audi is that he is one of the best kissers I have ever encountered. I mean truly GREAT. I am swooning just thinking about it...
7. We wrap up the sex and curl up naked on the floor together and we begin to start dozing off. Finally we get up and I decide it's time to go home. (He also didn't invite me to sleep over) So I get up, call an uber and he asks how far it is, etc. I tell him I can get out, I know where I'm going and he insists on walking me out. So we go to the lobby and he sits down, I sit on his lap and we make out for another ten minutes before this uber arrives. KISS ME FOREVER, YOU ARE SO DAMN GOOD. He's also the type who is touching your hair, face, back all at the right moments - making the make outs feel way more intimate. Okay, okay I'll shut up about it now. (insert heart eye emoji x 10)
8. He tells me to text when I get home - I do, he replies - it's all good. Next day he's texting me again and yeah, nothing to report really beyond that.
9. Sadly, Audi is not boyfriend potential. He's that guy I would date and hope I could make progress with but I can just see that he's pretty settled in to his life at 47 and he travels SO much for work, it really doesn't leave much time for anything else. I want a man who has time for me, simple as that.
10. We shall see where it goes/what happens next...right now he's playing golf and then heads to Vegas for work Monday AM so maybe I'll see him next weekend, maybe not. Balls in his court - I am NOT reaching. I really just wanna kiss him for a few hours, is that so bad?
Thennnnn yesterday Texas is back up to bat.
First off, I didn't hear from him until around noon which was a little annoying because we'd made this plan to chill at his pool yet Bruce has not confirmed a time....Finally he wakes up and we plan on 2pm. So I get there and he seems all sorts of dazed and confused...I've got a BOAT load of energy and am frustrated our energies are not matching...
We start drinking in the pool and that leads to some really nice kissing. Don't get me wrong, Audi is still 1000000% better but Texas isn't bad. We have some great conversations and then a few hours later, we head downstairs to his place.
We have sex again. This time, much improved over the first time but still not life changing. I'm still hoping he'll go down on me, no such luck...
He asks if I'm down to get dinner so we head to a mexican spot and this is where the day goes straight downhill. We start talking about politics (always a recipe for disaster) and then we start talking about religion (might as well just cover all the bad bases at once). Once again, I can't take this guy to a restaurant because it truly becomes the worlds longest stories. Finnnnaaaaalllllyyyyyy he ends this giant bible story and we head back to his place. He can tell I am zoned the fuck out and is asking if I'm ever gonna wanna see him again.
YES DUDE, YES. I REALLY ACTUALLY LIKE YOU. Sure, your stories can drone on for WAY too fucking long but 1. we've got a TON in common 2. You are a good human being 3. We click and right now, those three things are enough to keep me alive through these long ass stories.
So it's 8:30pm and I decide to head home to feed the cats and drink some wine alone on my couch.
I am feeling mentally lost by this point. Work stuff feels like a fucking burden and a half (part of me wants to go to Italy and just never come back), dating feels confusing (I want Audi and Texas to combine so I can just take my favorites of each), and I'm drained.
So I binge on some cauliflower pizza, drink wine, watch a show and crawl into bed - vowing that tomorrow is where this weird ass vibe will END.
Happy to report - I am making progress. I went to the gym for a killer workout, got my grocery shopping done, am about to journal, shower, and get a pedicure then see what I am doing today with Texas. (We planned to see each other again today - see, I do really like him)
Oh another tidbit - I told him I was seeing someone else I'd met prior to him and he told me he was supposed to have a date Monday or Tuesday but cancelled it because he likes me and thats that. He told me that he's fine with me dating and doing what I want/need to do. I told him that I had seen the other guy (audi) but that Texas kept popping into my head so there's that... he replied, "well that just made my whole fucking week." :) It's true. While Audi is enamoring with his great looks, charm, and kissing skills - Texas represents a guy with potential to do life with and Audi really just doesn't.
Alright, alright - so there you have the complete update. Time to keep my good vibes rolling and be productive. I am committed to making this week 1000000000x better than the last.